We’ve entered a new realm of Drawing Meditation I’ve had a recent urge to experiment with new directions, materials, and techniques. Here is the first of many…
First up: Glue. Following is the interesting process and evolution behind the final piece:
- …created a Drawing Meditation on watercolor paper with white liquid glue.
- …was patient as it dried.
- …doused it with water and black watercolor paint and sprinkled it with salt to experiment with texture.
- …again, patiently waited as it dried.
- …came back the next day and hated it (which is in my opinion, is when the best art can be created…when you already think you’ve ruined a piece, then there’s no pressure about ‘messing up’).
- …decided to add some color.
- …felt color was an improvement, but something still wasn’t right.
- …opted to peel the dried glue from the paper (why not, what did I have to lose?).
- …realized that chipping away dried glue with my fingernails is a tedious and painful process but definitely worth the outcome. The piece was complete!